Cultural Diversity Curatorial Award
Drawing on themes of cultural diversity, social identity and the relationship between visual art and ideas of cultural, ethnic and economic divisions in society, Mayo Arts Service invites submissions from practising curators working in the context of cultural diversity.
This award will allow the successful applicant the time to develop new work, to research and develop new ideas and to work with the cultural and arts organisations and culturally diverse communities in Mayo.
Purpose of the Award:
• To provide time to research, develop and document a body of work which could result in a project; exhibition; or written account of the award, stimulating knowledge and discourse in the context of cultural diversity
• To enable a curator working in the context of cultural diversity to engage with relevant Mayo based cultural and arts organisations
• To offer opportunities to curators to research, develop and document a body of work relevant to their current or emerging research in the context of cultural diversity
• To support research that engages with culturally diverse communities in Mayo
• To encourage and support new ways of thinking and engaging new audiences
Benefit of the Award:
• Budget €15,000
• Inclusive of two-week Tyrone Guthrie residency in 2021.
• Support from Ballina Arts Centre.
• Support of Mayo Arts Service
• All research undertaken is documented in both written and visual formats
Who is Eligible to Apply:
• This award is aimed at curators based in Ireland
• This award is not aimed at those in full-time education.
See link below for further details.