Business for Sale: Munster Music Academy
MUNSTER MUSIC ACADEMY
Business for Sale
Munster Music Academy is looking for a new passionate owner.
Munster Music Academy (MMA), headquartered, along with its sister school Munster Music Digital Academy (MMDA) on the shores of Lough Derg in Killaloe, Co Clare, is a centre of artistic excellence operating around the world from the midwest of Ireland. We are renowned for nurturing personal growth and musical potential across all ages, abilities, aspirations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Over the past twelve years, our vibrant music community has grown to 120 enrolled students, thirteen Irish and international teachers, and hundreds of dedicated parents and supportive families.
MMA/MMDA offers weekly individual instrumental classes in piano, keyboard, violin, cello, guitar, singing, musical theatre, tin whistle, recorder, flute, clarinet, saxophone, French horn, trumpet, cornet, trombone and the world’s first carbon-neutral plastic brass instruments.
- 13 music teachers
- 8 teaching in Killaloe
- 3 teaching digitally from Hungary and 2 from Australia
- 120 students enrolled for weekly one to one instrumental lessons in Killaloe and weekly online group theory classes
- 90% student retention rate year on year
- 99 students in person in Killaloe and 21 online as part of the fledgling, but fast-growing MMDA
- MMA Instrument Bank - a diverse selection of free instruments for students to use
- International affiliated examination centre for Trinity College London examination board since 2009
- Sale to the right buyer includes registered brand name, website, all website content, files and database (Platform: Showit), domain www.munstermusicacademy.com, email address, email list, full branding kit, photography rights, social media account, and client databases
- Includes all stock, furniture and fittings including upright piano, 5 digital full-size Korg keyboards, extensive music library, instruments
- GDPR compliant, public liability and contents insurance, instruments insurance
- Xero online bookkeeping, integrated enrolment and payment processing systems with Stripe and Dubsado
- Fully implemented Covid-19 response plan and safety policy protocol
- Rental of entire first-floor premises in an iconic building in the heart of Killaloe opposite St Flannan’s 12th-century Cathedral which hosts our termly student Concerts
The right owners will find themselves sitting atop an excellent brand with a tremendous legacy of student satisfaction and success built meticulously and lovingly for more than a decade.
That is only the beginning because MMA/MMDA has excellent growth potential for the right owners:
MMA: Physical opportunity to literally double the number of students in-person in Killaloe – plus the untapped potential of outreach centres in other Munster locations, such as Nenagh, Limerick, Ennis, Cork, Tipperary.
MMDA: Huge global growth potential for digital music academy platform, using the provenance of its spiritual home in the ancient town of Killaloe, seat of the High King, with Ireland’s rich music tradition known globally.
WANT TO KNOW THE SCORE?
All policies and processes are set up for a new owner/management, preferably with music and business experience. All teachers have been spoken with and plan to continue working with the Academy once the sale has been completed. Tara-Lee will provide a 1-month handover with the sale.
Financials provided on request with signed NDA.
Welcoming expressions of interest until Friday, 20th May 2022.
Reach out to Tara-Lee - info [at] munstermusicacademy.com
Click below to download our sale proposal brochure.