Creative Learning Intern
The Lyric Theatre in Belfast is seeking to offer to a well-motivated, ambitious young person aged 18-24 the chance to share in and learn from the work of a busy and exciting department and play an active role in a variety of theatre-based Education projects as Creative Learning Intern.
The role will involve supporting facilitators in Theatre School workshops, engaging with event planning, as well as working closely with schools to develop a range of resources for pupils and teachers. It will also involve the administration of other projects, currently under development.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
1. A keen interest in Theatre and some knowledge of related Education & Outreach work.
2. Significant experience of participating in theatre-related workshops/courses in school, college or in an extracurricular context.
3. Significant experience of working with young people in any capacity.
4. Experience of involvement in coordinating/organising a project or event.
5. An interest in/experience of using video and audio technology and its applications in theatre.
6. Competent IT skills and knowledge of Social Media.
Conditions of the internship:
– The post is based at 55 Ridgeway Street, Belfast, BT9 5FB. The successful applicant may be required to tour with shows/events and in such cases travel expenses will be covered.
– 30 hours commitment per week is expected, but this would be averaged out across the 6-month period e.g. some weeks might involve 40 hours or more and others much less time to compensate.
– A salary of £246 per week (£8.20 per hour) will be paid.
Please note that there are no acting or directing opportunities associated with this role.
See link below for further details.