Corporate and Group Sales Assistant
Position: Corporate and Group Sales Assistant
Department: CEO’s Office
Reporting to: Executive Manager – CEO’s Office
For over 165 years, Cork Opera House has been part of the cultural fabric of Cork city. As one of Ireland’s leading and unique performing arts venues, it presents 270-300 shows per year and attracts over 200,000 patrons with a busy programme of both visiting performances and in-house productions. Cork Opera House is looking for a suitable candidate to join its Chief Executive Office as Corporate and Group Sales Assistant.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Executive Manager, the Corporate and Group Sales Assistant will be responsible for the delivery of the corporate and group sales operational plan for the Cork Opera House.
- Maintaining our current membership database, implementing the delivery of the corporate packages they have purchased.
- Be the key point of contact to our members, proving a professional and friendly service and processing of ticket requirements for corporate members.
- Take ownership for client/account manager queries and resolution and respond to inquiries made by clients about company products and services in a timely and friendly manner.
- Ensuring effective relationship management with regular communication, establishing rapport and trust to ensure membership retention.
- Implement the group sales and corporate offers process, compiling relevant marketing communications in relation to these offers.
- Planning and operational support for corporate hospitality event which form part of our corporate sales offer.
- Seek opportunities for upselling and membership growth; escalating new potential leads to the Executive Manager/CEO for consideration.
- Establish good working relationships with the Box Office, Marketing and House Teams in the delivery of the corporate and group sales products.
- Any other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
Person Specification/ Behavioural Competencies Required
- Professional approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer centric with a keen focus on sales.
- Self-motivated with ability to meet objectives.
- Team player.
- Detail oriented and good organisational skills.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
- Marketing, sales or customer service experience an advantage.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent data entry skills, attention to detail, accuracy.
- Experience of I.T. systems including e-mail, Word and Excel and an aptitude to learn new systems.
The position reports operationally to the Executive Manager (CEO’s Office) and hierarchically to the CEO.
Please send a covering letter and CV to recruitment [at] corkoperahouse.ie with the subject heading ‘Application for Corporate and Group Sales Assistant’ by Monday December 19th 2022 at 5pm.