Junior Executive Assistant
Position: Junior Executive Assistant
Department: Chief Executive Office
Terms: Full Time
Reporting to: Executive Manager
For over 165 years, Cork Opera House has been part of the cultural fabric of Cork city. As one of Ireland’s leading and unique performing arts venues, it presents 270-300 shows per year and attracts over 200,000 patrons with a busy programme of both visiting performances and in-house productions. Cork Opera House is looking for a suitable candidate to join its Chief Executive Office as Junior Executive Assistant.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, the Junior Executive Assistant will provide secretarial and administrative support to the CEO and the Executive Manager in the day-to-day running of Cork Opera House. The incumbent will also be responsible for event management and planning associated with the CEO’s office throughout the year.
- Diary & Email Management.
- Administrative support to the CEO on an ongoing basis.
- Administrative support to the Executive Manager in delivery of workflow / projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Attendance at meetings with the CEO when required.
- Make travel arrangements & bookings as required.
- General office management (i.e. stationery, equipment. meeting rooms)
- Database Management.
Events Management and Planning
Planning and executing events such as:
- Board Social Events – Annual Christmas Dinner.
- Staff Social Events.
- Production Opening and Closing Events.
- Launches under the CEO portfolio e.g. UCC-related events.
- Support to marketing in events management where required.
- Event concept and creative production.
- Booking venues.
- Managing guest lists.
- Communicating internally in relation to co-ordination of events (e.g. liaising with the Production, Marketing, House, and Bar departments).
- Managing event budgets.
- Any other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
- Assisting with productions as required by the CEO.
Person Specification/ Behavioural Competencies Required:
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is required to deal with sensitive data.
- Be a Team Player with a flexible attitude to work.
- Friendly, tactful and discreet with the ability to establish and develop relationships when dealing with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Be proactive and possess the ability to make decisions when required.
- Finely honed communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all department is essential.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Proven work experience in a secretarial or administrative support role.
- Planning, analysing & organisation skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Technical and IT skills are essential with advanced user Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong effective communicator with good verbal and written skills.
- A self-starter with a flexible attitude that is able to work with minimum supervision.
The position reports operationally to the Executive Manager and hierarchically to the CEO.
Please email a CV and cover letter to dwebster [at] corkoperahouse.ie with the subject heading ‘Application for Junior Executive Assistant’ by Monday December 19th 2022 at 5pm.