Education Instrumental Tutor (Cello)
Opera North is seeking an experienced, well-motivated music educator to fill the part-time role of Opera North Education Instrumental Tutor (Cello) working primarily on Opera North’s award-winning education programme, In Harmony Opera North.
In Harmony Opera North is a Community Residency impacting over 1800 children in full-time education and the wider community that surrounds their schools. It seeks to deliver an inclusive programme of high quality instrumental and vocal music education and performance opportunities in order that young people from all backgrounds are able to engage with the arts and, through doing so, deliver wider benefits such as increased confidence, aspiration, engagement with formal learning and an increase in parental engagement.
• As part of a team of instrumental tutors, deliver a high-quality curriculum for the In Harmony Opera North programme and other ON Education programmes where required, integrating musicianship, instrumental skills and ensemble playing.
• Ensure monitoring and self-evaluation of teaching and learning methods, to track progress of all participants and develop best practice at an individual level and across the wider team.
• Deliver high quality instrumental tuition and support the In Harmony and ON Education ensembles, where appropriate, providing support to children and young people and ensuring good technique is being implemented.
• Direct ON Education and In Harmony ensembles at rehearsals, workshops and performances where required.
• Offer musical and programme-related support, advice and expertise to children, staff and parents where appropriate
• Support the Opera North Education team in providing knowledge and practical advice where needed regarding instrument repairs, maintenance and instrument and accessory purchase.
• Attend communication, planning and development meetings with other staff and company representatives as required.
See link below for further details.