Na Píobairí Uilleann (NPU), the Society of Uilleann Pipers was founded in 1968 to promote the playing and manufacture of the uilleann pipes and Irish traditional music in general. We have extensive music tuition, pipemaking training, publications and public performance programmes and provide a wide range of services through our web-based resources.
With a growing worldwide membership and expanding events programmes we have a vacancy for a full time Administrative Assistant reporting to the Administrator.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in administration in a commercial environment possess excellent communications, interpersonal and organisational skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office . The ability of working to strict deadlines is essential. Knowledge of traditional Irish music would be advantage and a proficiency in spoken Irish would be an advantage.
• Telephone/reception ,post and data entry duties Processing shop and Web sales orders
• Stock replenishment and control
• Management of in-house shop
• Processing of membership renewals
• Maintenance of membership database
• Undertake Health and Safety audits
• Update and maintenance of physical files
• Assist with the organisation, promotion and registration at NPU events Management of social media and communications platforms Attendance at NPU public events
• Preparation of bank lodgements
Salary will be commensurate with the level of experience.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th October 2019
Letter of application together with detailed CV addressed to Anne-Marie Bell, Na Píobairí Uilleann, 15 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, D01N504 or by email to annemarie [at] pipers.ie to arrive not later than 5 p.m. on Friday 11th October 2019.