Stiúrthóir / Director
ITMA, The Irish Traditional Music Archive/Taisce Cheol Dúchais Éireann, is the national public reference archive and resource centre for the traditional song, instrumental music and dance of Ireland.
Post of Director of ITMA
A vacancy for the position of Director of the Archive will arise in August/September 2019. The Board of ITMA therefore wishes to appoint a new Director to lead and develop the work of the organisation, building on the success and achievements of the last 31 years. This full-time position will be based at ITMA, 73 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.
This is an important cultural leadership role, reporting to the Board, encompassing responsibility for the overall management of ITMA’s full range of operations and its resources and finances, including premises, collections and staff at Merrion Square and satellite locations; maintaining existing sources of funding and implementing a process which will identify and exploit new opportunities for diversification of funding. The incoming Director will represent ITMA publicly and maintain relationships with principal stakeholders encompassing the Irish traditional music community worldwide, national and international funding agencies including both Arts Councils in Ireland, RTÉ, TG4, archives, libraries, universities and others. The Director therefore will:
- Be a credible and influential voice for ITMA;
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and knowledge of Irish traditional music;
- Show capacity to provide coherent vision, leadership and strategic direction for the organisation’s next phase of development;
- Have experience of being an effective networker, persuader and builder of alliances with public and private sector organisations within Ireland and elsewhere;
- Have an established track record of team management.
Published on 25 February 2019