Visual Artists Ireland (VAI) seeks an Administrative Assistant with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude.
Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, preparation and monitoring of invoicing, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive with a can-do attitude while also being accurate.They should always be focused on the job in hand, prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must have experience with computer programmes such as Excel, MS Office & G Suite. Candidates must be comfortable with general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to support fellow colleagues and maintain efficient operations.
Answering to the Office Manager, Administrative Assistant Responsibilities are:
– Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
– Preparation of accurate invoices.
– Monitoring programme invoices and ensuring timely payment.
– Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
– Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel reservations.
– Plan and track fulfilment of publication and delivery services.
– Communicate with suppliers, retailers and customers to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
– Recruit and coordinate logistics contractors according to availabilities and requirements.
– Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
– Generate reports, transcribe minutes and action items from staff meetings.
– Greet and assist visitors.
– Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
– Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
– Prepare accurate reports.
See link below for further details.