The Ulster Orchestra seeks to appoint a Board Member who can help the organisation to share via digital means the power and wider range of the Ulster Orchestra experience with greater reach to the people of NI and beyond.
The new board member should be able to demonstrate:
– A sound knowledge and experience of creating and delivering high quality, innovative and creative digital content for companies
– Up-to-date and current knowledge of emerging digital trends and technologies
– Experience in the formulation of Digital strategy
– Sound intellect and judgment with a robust understanding of governance issues within the sector and the ability to operate effectively at Board level or equivalent
– Good communication skills, and the ability to act as an ambassador for the Ulster Orchestra
– An interest in the strategic issues facing orchestras
– A willingness and the skills to chair the Digital Content Working Group
Time Requirement: There are 6 scheduled meetings per year, with none in July and August. The rest occur every 6-9 weeks, and will be outside normal working hours. The Board member will be asked to chair the Digital Content Working Group, which meets between Board meetings (about one meeting per month).
Tenure: Minimum term is 3 years, renewable for an additional 3 years to a maximum of 6 consecutive years.
Remuneration: this is a non-remunerated appointment.
See link below for further details.