Boston Artist Relief Fund
The Boston Artist Relief Fund will award grants of $500 and $1000 to individual artists who live in Boston whose creative practices and incomes are being adversely impacted by Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
The Boston Artist Relief Fund will open for applications on Thursday March 12 for artists who have lost or anticipate losing income. The Boston Artist Relief Fund will be open on a rolling basis and will replace the Opportunity Fund for the rest of our fiscal year, ending June 30, 2020. The Opportunity Fund will reopen for applications after July 1. Opportunity Fund applications that were already received in this application cycle will be considered for funding.
We welcome applications from all artists living in Boston, but will prioritize lower income artists and artists who have not been funded through City-led grants during this fiscal year (July 1, 2019-present). The fund will be open for but not limited to the following uses:
Recouping financial losses due to cancelled events. This includes but is not limited to:
– Performances in all performing arts disciplines
– Readings, panels, and speaking opportunities
Reimbursement for travel expenses related to creative work that you paid for yourself. This includes but is not limited to:
– Attending conferences and convenings that have been cancelled
– Artist Residencies
– Offsetting loss of income for teaching artist who could not teach during this time because of cancelled classes and school closures
– Support for artists working full or part-time in the service industry who have lost supplemental income used to support their creative practices.
See link below for further details.
Published on 26 March 2020