Part Time Curator
PS² wishes to recruit an experienced, passionate and imaginative curator to manage and develop our Freelands Artist Programme from 2020-2022.
The PS² Freelands Artist Programme Curator will manage and develop PS²’s Freelands Artist Programme between October 2020 and December 2022, taking over from the previous curator within a 3-month handover time. They will be the main contact for the project artists, offering support and developing the programme alongside PS²’s Creative Director. The Curator will have a public-facing role and provide curatorial insight into the programme, both in written and oral form.
This post is based in Northern Ireland, but applicants must be able to travel outside of Northern Ireland to meet the demands of the role as required. The curator can work from an office in PS² or from home.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven track record of working on and leading curatorial projects and commissioning new work Profound knowledge, understanding and curiosity for the contemporary arts scene, arts-economy and culture in Northern Ireland
- Knowledge of contemporary curatorial practices, with a strong interest in participatory art
- Experience of working directly with artists, supporting them in the development of their research or the creation of new work
- Good understanding of PS²’s past projects and its role in the visual arts ecology of Northern Ireland
- Share PS²’s ethos, values and broad understanding of culture and art, both in terms of media forms, tactics of engagement and formats of display and dissemination
- Experience in administering budgets and reporting
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and experience of using a range of social platforms to ensure effective communication
- Ability to successfully build and maintain professional working relationships with artists and stakeholders both internally and externally, and on a local and international level.
- Confident working independently and collaboratively as part of a small team with peers, organisations and communities
- Experience in working in small scale arts organisations
- A proven track record of fundraising
- Strong curatorial vision combined with sharp strategic planning
- Personal experience and contacts with emerging artists and creatives working in Northern Ireland
- Ability to initiate and manage innovative art projects in collaboration with artists
- Experience of advocacy for the arts ecology in Northern Ireland
See link below for further details.
Published on 26 June 2020