Administrative Assistant, Marketing
Sony Music is seeking an administrative assistant for the marketing team in New York.
This individual will provide administrative support to various members of the Marketing department, helping to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the department by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
– Act as a liaison between Product Managers and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, internal departments, etc.
– Build and maintain relationships with the artists, management, creative departments, as well as executives and other departments within the company.
– Schedule meetings, conference calls, answer phones and provide administrative support for Product Managers and back-up support for other members of the department as needed.
– Distribution of project related tools and assets.
– Compile marketing promotion requests and liaise with Product Managers/Artist Management for approval.
– Coordinate travel for Product Managers.
– Coordinate expense reports for Product Managers.
– Maintain mailing and e-mail lists, databases, files and other assets for the department.
– Keep track of updated schedule information as it pertains to artists touring, management and promotional opportunities.
– Help compile weekly status reports and sales information on behalf of assigned artists, including sales data, streaming and digital stats on a regular basis.
– Create print, television, radio, online and outdoor advertising, album package layouts, point of sale materials, CD/DVD copies with – – Creative Department, and promotional items.
– Handle distribution of promotional items to various departments including college reps and marketing street teams.
– Assist with the management of budgets, promotional trips, travel, work orders and more for assigned artists.
– Assist with the creation and maintenance of marketing plans for artists.
– Use PRS system to process department invoices & manage new vendor requests in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
– Provide creative input and ideas on projects.
– Assist with various aspects of the marketing team for projects.
– At least 1 year of prior administrative experience, preferably in the music/entertainment business.
– Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook & PowerPoint) and an intimate knowledge of the social networks and DSPs. Will need to learn a variety of other computer systems including Mediabase, BDS, and RPS.
– Passionate music and pop culture fan with broad knowledge of music but a specific interest and knowledge of contemporary urban music.
– A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
– Exceptional communication and time management skills.
– Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
– The ability to manage time and priorities set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously and balance work load between Product Managers and overall team.
– This individual must be extremely organized and must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships with co-workers, artists, managers, attorneys, etc.
– The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are also required.
– The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
See link below for further details.
N.B No deadline specified.