City Takeover: Leicester 2021
UK New Artists invites artist applications to City Takeover: Leicester 2021.
Up to 70 new artists from across the UK takeover the city of Leicester for a long weekend. Exhibitions, performance, music, writing and film will animate cultural spaces and unusual places, presenting the work of emerging practitioners at the leading edge of contemporary arts.
Exhibit or perform your work in one of Leicester’s cultural spaces or unusual places, sharing your work with the public, and other participating artists including an opportunity to give an artist Q&A or short talk about the work.
New for the Leicester City Takeover, artists can apply not to show a particular piece of work, but to participate in one of three collaborative residencies. The micro-residencies offer a three day retreat to connect and unite new thinking.
The Call for Entries is open to artists working in the following art forms:
– Applied Art: ceramics, glass, textiles, jewellery, fashion
– Design: graphic and product design
– Digital Art: animation, projection mapping, mixed reality performance, virtual reality, game design, interactive art and installation.
– Literature: writing, poetry, storytelling and spoken word.
– Moving Image: film, documentary, artist video and animation.
– Music: sound art and all genres of music will be considered from individuals, bands and collaborations.
– Performance: theatre, dance, live art, site-specific and outdoor performance.
– Visual Arts: fine art, photography, installation, illustration, printmaking, site-specific work and sculpture.
See link below for further details.