Teaċ Daṁsa is recruiting an Executive Producer.
Teaċ Daṁsa is a dance theatre company based in Corca Dhuibhne in the West Kerry Gaeltacht. We conceive, perform and tour dance shows that have over the years received worldwide acclaim.
The work that Teaċ Daṁsa makes is deeply informed by a sense of place. Music, nature and our native language are at the core of this work. The quality of the process of creating work is as important to us as the work itself.
Teaċ Daṁsa was founded by Michael Keegan-Dolan who was the founder and artistic director of Fabulous Beast Dance Theatre (1997- 2015), creating three Olivier Award-nominated productions: Giselle (2003), The Bull (2005), and The Rite of Spring (2009). In 2004, Giselle won the Judges Special Award in the Irish Times Theatre Awards, and The Bull received a UK Critic’s Circle National Dance Award in 2008 for Best New Production. Rian, created in 2011, won a Bessie Award (New York Dance and Performance Award) in 2013 for Best New Production.
Teaċ Daṁsa’s first production, Swan Lake / Loch na hEala created in Longford in 2016 won the Irish Times Theatre Award in 2017 for Best New Production. It also won the UK Critics’ Circle National Dance Award for Best Production 2018. MÁM created in 2019, was the first show entirely conceived, rehearsed and produced in the West Kerry Gaeltacht and was nominated for an Olivier Award for Best New Production in 2020 and for two UK Critics’ Circle National Dance Awards in 2022.
Teaċ Daṁsa often takes an immersive approach to the creative process with performers and production working closely alongside founder and choreographer Michael Keegan-Dolan, who seeks to create a space where artists can work together equally to make dance and theatre work that transform both the artists and the audience. It is this approach that sets Teaċ Daṁsa aside from other dance theatre companies and demands a certain sensitivity, passion, compassion, openness and dedication from the performers and production team equally.
- To support and work closely with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors to steer, develop and build a creation/touring model and clear business plan for our dance theatre work
- To initiate, nurture and maintain strong partnerships and to foster new relationships with receiving venues and festivals, co-production investors, supporters and stakeholders
- To shape and contribute to the ongoing growth of the company’s work and reputation with artists, audiences, funders and stakeholders
- Together with the Artistic Director, to oversee the co-ordination of major projects and lead on the company’s plans to expand its work through new educational, community and audience engagement initiatives
The successful candidate will have most or all of these skills and qualities and be able to evidence them in your application/interview:
- A proactive attitude especially in relation to the delivery of our projects and the implementation of our creative vision
- A creative thinker and problem-solver who can strike a balance between stability and innovation
- A kind, compassionate and empathetic individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Possess a love and passion for the arts, especially dance
- An appreciation of the Irish language
But Most Important…
This role is a full-time position. The company is based in the West Kerry Gaeltacht and will have moved to its own premises by 2023. A flexible hybrid work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote working is envisioned for this role.
On our journey to find a new Executive Producer, we recognise that what matters to us most is the nature and the quality of the person, their energy, their appetite for work and their enthusiasm for the arts, especially for dance. Finding the right person is significantly more important to us than finding the person with the ‘right’ experience or qualifications.
We are looking for a person with an open mind and with good leadership and communication skills. If you enjoy being part of a small high performance team and would relish the opportunity of working with us to transform our exciting dreams and visions into reality, we would like to hear from you.
A detailed job description and further information on the company is available at https://teacdamsa.com/cnuasach
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter (no more than two A4 pages) and full CV. Deadline for applications is 5pm Monday 15th August 2022. Completed applications should be sent to aine [at] teacdamsa.com
Teaċ Daṁsa is funded by the Arts Council and supported by Culture Ireland, Údarás na Gaeltachta and Ealaín na Gaeltachta Teo.
Teaċ Daṁsa is an equal opportunities employer.