England's Performing Arts Showcase
Arts Council of England is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) through Project Grants (National Activities: £100,001 and above) for projects that are intended to:
Increase international touring by establishing a Performing Arts Showcase for England-based artists that presents work including theatre, dance, circus and live art within the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
We particularly welcome EOIs for projects that will:
– Include a robust strategy to increase international touring through the delivery of up to three showcases (2021, 2022 & 2023) as part of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe;
– Be underpinned by strong national and international partnerships involving organisations that have both experience of international touring at the relevant scale and of organising similar events;
– Consider ways to minimise environmental impact whilst actively facilitating connections with potential international and national programmers both at the festival and digitally;
– Demonstrate a commitment to support selected companies in preparing for the showcase and in supporting companies post showcase, including supporting onward international touring;
– Demonstrate a commitment to an open application process for participation in the showcase and to involving a wide range of voices in the selection process;
– Contain rigorous plans to ensure the showcase represents the diversity of contemporary England and includes companies from a geographic spread across England.
We are committed to fair pay for artists and, as with any project, we expect artists to be paid for their participation in accordance with industry guidelines.
See link below for further details.
Published on 27 August 2019