Arts Centre Funding
The purpose of Arts Centre Funding is to invest in and support the infrastructure of arts centres required to sustain and develop the arts in Ireland.
Arts centres are defined as full-time, public-facing, professionally managed, building-based arts organisations. They support the creation, presentation and mediation of the arts across a range of artforms and arts practices. They support professional, collaborative, voluntary and amateur arts practice.
Recipients of Arts Centre Funding must play a critical part in delivering the policy priorities of Making Great Art Work, the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy.
In offering Arts Centre Funding, the Arts Council wishes to ensure:
– The year-round production and dissemination of arts activities, events and services of the highest quality throughout the country
– That greater numbers of people enjoy high-quality arts experiences
– That artists are supported in their professional practice
– That audiences, artists and participants reflect the diversity of contemporary Ireland
– Increased depth of engagement by and with the public
– High standards in governance and management.
See link below for further details.