Manager, Teaching and Learning
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Manager, Teaching and Learning to lead the Philharmonic Schools by engaging and cultivating partnerships, supporting fundraising efforts, in addition to expanding our curriculum and developing teaching artists.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Partnership Management and Development:
– Lead the Philharmonic Schools program and ensure its successful operation across partner school communities. Explore, develop, and evaluate new directions for program growth, improvement, and efficiency.
– Build and nurture strong relationships with partner school administration, coordinators, and teachers. Manage current school invoicing and payments, coordinate teacher workshops and events.
– Work with school partners to grow and deepen relationships within respective communities.
– Manage development and production of In-School Concerts led by Philharmonic Teaching Artists.
Teaching Artist Management:
– In collaboration with the Director of Education and Community Engagement, recruit, hire, onboard, support, and evaluate Teaching Artist apprentices, faculty and consultants as necessary.
– Design and manage professional development for teaching artists and partner teachers. Create and implement effective teaching artist evaluations that promote sustainability and growth
– Manage the revision of the Philharmonic School’s curriculum materials to reflect culturally sustaining and responsive practice and evolution of the Philharmonic’s visioning.
– Work with teaching artists and consultants to support and improve teaching artist practices. Establish and execute comprehensive assessment tools that provides accountability and development. Lead efforts to research and assess student learning and program effectiveness.
– Work collaboratively with Manager, Very Young Composers to develop shared teaching and learning opportunities for both faculties.
Institutional and External Support:
– Support educational fundraising efforts through creation of written and video content. Support cultivation of donors through coordination of site visits, and other related programming.
– Manage and produce performances of the Teaching Artist Ensemble outside of regular educational programming
– Support the development of the Philharmonic’s digital platform through the education programs.
– Assist, as necessary, in department- and institution-wide programming
– Miscellaneous duties as required.
See link below for further details.
NB: No deadline specified.