Learning and Development Partner
Contractual Hours: 9:00AM-5:30PM Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
About BIMM Institute:
With over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs. Our professional, highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, songwriting, music production, music business, event management, music marketing, media and communication, film and screen.
BIMM’s core purpose is to inspire the next generation of industry professionals though the creation of inclusive and creative learning environments, that remove barriers, and create opportunities for equal participation in the creative industries.
The Learning and Development Partner will assist in the company’s success through the development of its people.
We are looking for an inspiring, dynamic, and innovative self-starter who will be leading the inception of our People Development function. They will have a track record of taking an idea from research through to implementation.
The postholder will work closely with colleagues across the BIMM Group to understand their People Development needs, using this information to build a continuous and relevant training programme.
They will be responsible for the end-to-end coordination of training events which necessitates excellent organisation and administration skills.
The Learning and Development Partner will be committed to their own professional development. They will keep up to date with current trends and techniques in the learning and development field.
Essential Criteria for Applicants
• Experience of working in an HR or Learning and Development team
• Excellent staff development skills and capabilities, as well as experience of developing and delivering development activities
• Have or be willing to obtain a teaching qualification
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organisation and administration skills
• CIPD Membership
• Experience of working in the creative industries and / or education sector
• Ensuring mandatory training standards are met; influencing and working with colleagues to ensure compliance and arranging annual ‘inset days’ to facilitate completion of courses
• Develop and implement a continuous training programme that meets the needs of the business
• Create and deliver bespoke training programmes, including e-learning
• Offer one-to-one support and coaching
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with third party training providers
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to pursue the People Development agenda
• Coordination and administration of training events; bookings, confirmations, diary management, content distribution, collating feedback and reporting
• Oversee the utilisation of the Apprenticeship Levy
• Responding to People Development requests and enquiries, supporting People Partners to assist their assigned areas.
• Comply with and implement as appropriate, all of BIMM’s policies and procedures, with particular reference Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety
• Be an ambassador of BIMM’s Vision and Values, contributing to the design, development and delivery of sessions to engage and motivate teams across the group
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
We encourage applications from black and minority ethic candidates who are underrepresented in our organisation.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.