Dublin City Council Culture Company is seeking to recruit a Digital Manager to manage and develop our online communications and digital activity across the organisation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October 2020.
Reporting to the Head of Communications and working closely with the wider communications and company team, you will be responsible for management and development of digital communications across the organisation. To include the upkeep and maintenance of the company’s websites (DublinCityCouncilCultureCompany.ie, 14HenriettaStreet.ie, RichmondBarracks.ie, OurCityOurBooks.ie, Dublincity.ie/CultureNearYou.ie), newsletters, direct mail, social media management and online advertising.
This role will also focus on the development of content creation for all existing and future websites and social media platforms (interviews, blogs, creative media etc) to tell the story of the organisation, its programmes, projects, values and impact.
A major aspect of the role is to continue to develop, promote and moderate the Dublin City cultural audit and map project, which consists of a dynamic database of the city’s cultural information and a public-facing website (Dublincity.ie/CultureNearYou.ie) of the city’s cultural assets.
The ideal person for this role will have:
– A minimum of 3 years of administration or equivalent experience is essential;
– Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required;
– An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its values and ambitions;
– Familiar with and interested in culture, heritage and the provision of cultural services at a local level;
– Comfortable working directly with artists, cultural manager and communities to extract stories that best communicate the work of the company;
– Ability to plan, organise and lead a project, to work independently, and to work to deadlines, with flexibility around working hours;
– Ability to think analytically and conceptually at the same time;
– An instinctive ability to think creatively - to try, fail, learn, and try again;
– Experience in managing websites, particularly from a content point of view;
– Experience in developing and delivering digital ad campaigns and social media campaigns across multiple platforms;
– Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to tell a story in an interesting and engaging way
See link below for further details.