Associate Principal Timpani and Percussion
BBC Philharmonic is hiring an Associate Principal Timpani and Percussion.
– To play as a member of the Percussion section, on the full range of orchestral tuned and non-tuned percussion, stepping up to Principal Percussion as required.
– To play Principal Timpani on a regular basis – both full or part programmes – and to play 2nd Timpani as required.
– To assist the other members of the Percussion section with the setup and logistics of percussion for concerts, recordings and tours, and to monitor the maintenance and upkeep of instruments.
– To demonstrate excellent orchestral playing abilities, maintaining the highest musical standards.
Are you the right candidate?
Applicants should aim to meet a majority of the following criteria:
– Outstanding professional orchestral playing abilities on both Percussion and Timpani.
– Knowledge, passion and appreciation of the range of repertoire performed by the BBC Philharmonic.
– Interpersonal skills: ability to contribute and participate as part of a diverse team and to support colleagues, conductors and freelancers.
See link below for further details.