Senior Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
Glyndebourne is committed to transforming lives through opera and engaging with broad audiences.
As Senior Marketing Manager you will support our Head of Marketing and the Communications team to define and deliver integrated multi-channel sales & marketing campaigns which will grow our audiences and meet sales targets across all activities of the Company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
– Define and deliver an integrated multi-channel sales & marketing plan to ensure sales targets for Tour and education work are achieved or exceeded, working closely with relevant stakeholders.
– Take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the box office income and marketing expenditure budgets for the Tour.
– Take responsibility for leading retail communications, both onsite and online, working closely with appropriate Comms and Shop colleagues.
– Support the Head of Marketing to define and deliver a sales & marketing plan across all other Glyndebourne activities including the Festival, Cinema and Concerts, to ensure sales targets are achieved or exceeded.
– Working closely with the Head of Marketing and external media agency, lead on digital marketing opportunities and innovations across all campaigns.
– Use audience insight data to inform commercial decision making.
– In line with business objectives and Arts Council KPIs, implement the audience development strategy for the Tour, informed by audience insight data.
– Work with colleagues in the Membership Department to define and deliver communication strategies for acquisition of new members, including Festival Society Associate Members, Tour Members, Under 30s and Fortissimo.
– Working closely with the Head of Marketing, play an active role in identifying and delivering activities to engage a new audience across all activities.
– Develop and manage relationships with Glyndebourne Tour venue partners, including collaboration with venue marketing teams, local arts/council organisations and education partners.
– Work collaboratively with internal colleagues across the communications team and beyond, in particular in education, box office, retail and membership and development.
– Working closely with the Head of Marketing, develop and manage relationships with other key brand, distribution and media partners to deliver a range of commercial, sales, marketing and other benefits to Glyndebourne.
– With the Head of Marketing and Audience Insight Manager, support the development of the Marketing Coordinator.
– Support the development and communication of the Glyndebourne brand, maintaining a strong and consistent visual identity, external profile and reputation.
Management and reporting:
– Deputise for and represent the Head of Marketing where necessary.
– Provide regular reporting and evaluation on sales activity, results and trends as required by stakeholders and funders, including the Arts Council.
– Play an active role in the Communications team and contribute to department meetings.
– Work within the agreed budgets.
– Line-manage the Marketing Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Proven experience of defining and implementing successful sales and audience development campaigns, across multiple channels.
– Proven experience of using a CRM database system for marketing initiatives and analysis.
– Strong analytical skills and proven experience of using insight data.
– Experience in digital marketing.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills including copywriting and proofreading.
– Excellent project management skills with good attention to detail.
– Budget management experience.
– An interest in the arts including opera.
– Experience in the charitable or arts sectors.
– Clean driving licence.
See link below for further details.