Music Culture & Editorial – Summer Internship
Spotify in Los Angeles are looking for an Editor Intern to join its Music Culture & Editorial team. As an Editor Intern you will assist the team in the development and promotion of culturally relevant, topical programming across genres, moods, and moments.
What you’ll do
– Help Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses (i.e. the perfect music for a dinner party with friends or the best running playlist.)
– Assist in the curation and maintenance of a large number of playlists in a variety of genres for a variety of audiences, moods, and moments
– Utilize analytics and data to advise curation decisions.
– Listen to music from a wide range of genres and identify appropriate programming opportunities.
– Collaborate with a global editorial team on a variety of projects and programming initiatives.
– Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop playlist brands, marketing campaigns, and many other initiatives.
– Provide a strong, candid editorial voice to build an outstanding user experience.
Who you are
– You have an absolute passion for music, other means of audio and how this medium impacts the life of people all across the globe
– You are a current sophomore, junior or senior in undergrad or first or final year Master’s student in music, music business or other relevant field.
– You have some experience in music programming/curation, or in an audience-focused role
– You are knowledgeable of music trends & history
– You have a keen sense of what music is appropriate for any situation.
– You have deep understanding of, and experience with, Spotify as a user and fan.
– You have outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail.
Spotify's paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 – Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 – March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 – April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
See full details at the link below.