Most Read Articles on the Journal of Music (30 March–4 April)
1. RIP Fiddle-player Ben Lennon
Influential Leitrim musician passes away.
2. Digital Concert Planner: 30 March–5 April 2020
This week’s digital concerts from Monday to Sunday. To have your digital concert included next week (6–12 April), please add it to our listings.
3. COVID-19: €1m Fund Announced for Artists
Fund is open to artists of all disciplines and will provide grants of €3k to create new work.
4. Podcast: COVID-19 – The Impact on Festivals
Every day, festival cancellations and postponements are being announced due to the COVID-19 pandemic. How are festivals managing the impact and what effect will have it on artists, the local economy and the sustainability of the festivals themselves?
5. Culture Ireland and Facebook Announce €100k for Online Performances
Grant scheme available for professional artists to enable live presentation of their work on online platforms.
6. Arts Council’s Music Commissions Awards Open for Applications
Deadline for music, traditional arts and opera schemes is Thursday 30 April.
7. There is No Going Back Now: Live Music and the Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic means we are going to witness another radical shift in music in the digital age, writes Toner Quinn.
8. Podcast: COVID-19 – What Now for Music and the Arts?
With so many music and arts events cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, how will the music world adjust, and has the health crisis now changed the live music scene for good?
10. Podcast: The Next Twenty Years of New Music in Ireland – What Do We Need to Do?
A live recording of a panel discussion at the recent New Music Dublin festival at the National Concert Hall.