Private Lessons Instructor, Music
Columbia College Chicago is seeking a Prvate Lessons Instructor for individual or group instrumental or vocal instruction.
Under the supervision of the Music Department Chairperson or designee, the Private Lessons Instructor is responsible for individual or group instrumental or vocal instruction, working with all levels of students from beginner level to those with considerable prior experience. This position will perform their own administrative and clerical support functions. The Music Department at Columbia College Chicago has a distinctive focus on contemporary, urban and popular music.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide individual or group instruction, meeting for one hour or one-half hour per week, offering 12 primary lessons or 14 secondary group lessons per student per semester.
- Prepare and post course syllabi and lessons, course materials, and teaching schedules on the learning management system, distribute copies to students and administration as needed.
- Evaluate students’ abilities and progress, including juries or ensemble placement, and submit all final grades within one week of the semester’s end.
- Attend and critique senior recital rehearsals; recommend repertoire, instrumentation, organization of material, adjustments in technique, stage deportment, and production needs, and evaluate final performances as needed or assigned.
- Be available for office hours by appointment.
- Regularly report lessons progress to the area director or coordinator.
- Attend two area forums (masterclasses, workshops, etc.) per semester.
- Attend one department-wide meeting per academic year and one division meeting per semester.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
See further details at the link below.
NB: No deadline specified
Published on 2 January 2019