Administrative & PR Assistant, Waterford Music and Music for Wexford
Waterford Music and Music for Wexford both promote classical music in the South East of Ireland through an annual concert series. Since their establishment (1942 and 1993 respectively) both organisations have been run by volunteers and funded principally by the Arts Council and the local authorities. To promote the development of their programmes both organisations now wish to appoint an Administrative and PR Assistant. This will be a part-time contract position entailing approximately the equivalent of 300 hours or forty days work annually. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work on their own initiative, based in the south-east, and prepared to travel to both centres as necessary.
The Administrative and PR Assistant will report to the officers of Music for Wexford and Waterford Music. The requirements of each organisation will not be identical. The responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Creatively develop audiences for concerts.
- Establish, manage and monitor digital marketing campaigns
- Manage social media channels
- Manage and update regularly the promoters’ websites
- Develop an attractive scheme for Friends and Corporate Support, building on the existing Members’ and Friends’ schemes in Waterford and Wexford respectively.
- Secure local and national media coverage for concerts
- Develop current approaches to promotional material – annual programmes, concert posters etc – and assist with the design of same
- Identify and use appropriate PR opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- PR/ media promotion of events and organisations
- Digital marketing Website design and management
- Interest in and understanding of the classical music sector in Ireland
Interested applicants should apply via email and should submit two supporting documents: a CV and a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role before 5pm on Friday 23rd November 2018. Applicants should also supply the contact details of two referees.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 7 November 2018