Music Programming Assistant, WQXR
WQXR (Music) is seeking a lover of classical music to join its programming team.
You must have your pulse on the classical music world with a strong knowledge of core classical repertoire and recordings.
WQXR want someone who is excited and passionate about music, media and audience engagement and creating positive, high-quality content every single day.
– Assisting the Music Director and Assistant Producer with scheduling and broadcast operations.
– Create and schedule a daily programming newsletter.
– Assist with music curation.
– Prepare audio files for broadcast.
– Assist with various database projects.
– Assist with CD library organization.
– Maintain the department’s shared Google Calendar.
– Other related tasks as necessary.
Necessary skills and experience:
– 2 to 5 years of experience working with or studying classical music.
– A love for music and a passion for engaging audiences to learn more about the world of classical music.
– Well organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once.
– Impeccable attention to detail - metadata accuracy matters to you.
– Keen knowledge of classical music repertoire and recordings.
– Passionate about music programming and curation.
– Experience working with music streaming and video platforms preferred.
– Familiarity with Mailchimp or other e-newsletter tools.
– An eagerness to experiment and try new things is required!
This is a part-time, three-month position with the possibility of full-time employment.
See full details at the link below.
NB: no deadline specified
Published on 11 February 2019