Teaching Associate in Creative, Cultural Industries
University of Sheffield welcomes applications from candidates who can deliver excellent teaching within one or more of the following subject areas: Arts Marketing, Arts Branding, Arts Management/Governance, Theatre/Performance and Cultural Policy.
A Teaching Associate will:
- Deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching as agreed with the Division Head and/or the Divisional Director for Learning and Teaching (DDLT). This will include preparing teaching materials and delivering lecturers, seminars and tutorials, encouraging critical discourse to develop rational thinking.
- Carry out course evaluation, including facilitating student feedback; reflecting on own teaching and implementing ideas for improving own performance.
- Supervise undergraduate and Masters’ projects and dissertations.
- Carry out pastoral role for students such as acting as Personal Tutor to counsel students. If necessary refer them to the appropriate authority for guidance.
- Self-generate work through scholarly pursuits plus innovation in teaching and administration.
- Deal with reactive requests daily such as those relating to teaching, students and administrative tasks.
- Contribute to the life of the Management School, and the wider University community through administration responsibilities and committee membership as and when appropriate.
- Plan and prioritise own work and monitor the work of students on a daily basis. For teaching plan up to one year ahead unless there are significant teaching programme changes or new courses then plan for up to two years ahead of their introduction.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 11 April 2018