Lecturer in Music
Responsibilities of post:
- To participate in the Staff Appraisal Scheme and to undertake training based on individual and service needs.
- To take a lead in creating a positive, inclusive ethos that challenges discrimination and promotes equality and diversity.
- To actively partake in quality assurance within the section.
- To undertake teaching, associated outreach work, residential, open and distance learning courses, student placements and the associated organisational/administrative work preparation and assessment to enable successful progress and achievement.
- To contribute to innovation in curriculum development which responds to local, regional and national needs including the identification of consumer requirements, planning, developing and evaluation courses and course materials
- To participate appropriately in the design and/or collation of strategies, materials and activities to provide a stimulating learning experience meeting learners’ diverse needs.
- To support a responsive approach to learner engagement beyond the immediate confines of the taught curriculum.
- To organise and accompany students on relevant trips, events and educational visits as required by the Awarding Body and section.
Published on 11 September 2017