Music Clearance Specialist
Our growing global Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is looking for a new member to join the team: a Music Clearance Specialist who shares our passion for music to help support our expanding slate of Netflix Original content. Someone who seeks out and thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates (https://jobs.netflix.com/culture).
– Onboarding and overseeing music supervisors and music clearance personnel working across our films, series and documentaries, serving as Netflix’s point of contact for clearance matters.
– Administering music clearances for our films, series and documentaries from start to finish, including identifying music and lyrics requiring clearance, researching rights holders, preparing, reviewing and securing quotes from labels, publishers and music libraries, tracking rights to ensure consistency across Netflix’s productions, monitoring music budgets and clearance reports, making public domain and fair use determinations, reviewing song credits (if applicable), ensuring accurate legal delivery of music clearance documentation, and license review and negotiation (where required).
– Advising on music licensing budgets.
– Building and maintaining strong relationships throughout the music industry.
– Participating in other projects specific to Netflix’s music needs.
– The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and 10+ years of music clearance experience in the music department at a major production, film/television studio, television network, publisher, label, or law firm.
– Fluency in Spanish or another language is highly preferred.
– Experience providing in-house support in a film or television production company is highly preferred.
– Highly collaborative, with clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
– Exceptional organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail.
– Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear.
– Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
– Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
– Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise.
– Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment
See link below for further details.
Published on 16 May 2019