The Assistant Librarian is responsible to the Librarian for assisting in the preparation of written and other materials for the Hallé performances and events. (S)he will have strong operating links to the Orchestra Manager, Leaders and Section Leaders.
The Key Tasks of the role are:
- Checking all material, both hire and purchase, on its arrival in the library
- Checking the string sets to ensure that they are consistently bowed; running repairs to both hire material and Hallé stock
- Sharing the responsibility of making up new sets of material from various forms of masters, and preparing them for performance
- Managing all practice material for extras and trialists. Making parts available for Hallé players to collect from the library; providing extra practice copies for string players
- Keeping accurate records of the performance history of Hallé sets and of bowings where appropriate
- As required, padding, de-padding, sorting, checking and returning material to the shelves and to the hire libraries after use, with particular attention to missing material
- Maintaining the library catalogue and creating entries for new material
- Liaising with the Stage and Transport Managers to ensure that material gets to all rehearsal and concert venues
- Supplying music to the Hallé Youth Orchestra and Hallé Youth Training Choir
- Attending rehearsals and concerts where necessary, deputising for the Music Librarian, including some weekend and evening sessions
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by the Music Librarian or Concerts Director
See further details at the link below.
Published on 21 May 2018