Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Music Education (Part-time)
In this role, you will:
• teach and coordinate undergraduate (pre-service) subjects in Music Education, developing and contributing to academic curriculum, undertaking teaching and educational development responsibilities;
• be involved in subject development and accreditation, feedback and review, as well as contributes to broader course development;
• determine the learning needs of students, providing appropriate teaching and learning support; and
• conduct blended learning activities that stimulate and foster student learning.
To be successful in applying for this role, you will have:
• in-depth knowledge, skills and experience in the NSW K-6 Creative Arts Syllabus - Music and the NSW curriculum in general; the Australian Curriculum Music; music practices in primary schooling and quality assessment practices;
• implemented Orff and Kodaly practices in the music classroom;
• demonstrated ability of providing high quality, innovative teaching and learning experiences in Music for primary school students;
• begun a research trajectory and have commenced a publication record including publications in journals of international standing, as well as having an understanding of recent research in Music Education;
• a vision for Music Education within the broad arts education area;
• a recognized teaching qualification with a postgraduate qualification in the area of Music Education; and
• evidence of contribution to professional development of teachers in Music Education.
See full details at the link below.
Published on 24 May 2019