Assistant Librarian/Archivist at ITMA
The Irish Traditional Music Archive (ITMA) wishes to recruit a graduate librarian/archivist for a one-year fixed term contract. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to gain experience in, and contribute to, the work of a busy multimedia cultural organisation.
Full-time, fixed-term contract, August 2018–July 2019. The post will include scheduled evening and weekend work.
The post holder will support the work of ITMA Content Managers in collecting, preserving, organising and making accessible a variety of physical and digital Irish traditional music materials.
Principle tasks of the post will include some or all of the following:
- Cataloguing of existing and newly acquired multimedia materials to international standards;
- Physical care of multimedia materials and digital file management;
- Multimedia digitisation;
- Research and reference support to colleagues and Archive users;
- Preparation of digital media for ITMA website and digital projects;
- Participation in outreach and events;
- Such other related tasks and special projects as may from time to time be required to fulfill the objectives of ITMA.
While based primarily in Dublin, candidates should note that occasional off site work may be required.
- A postgraduate qualification in Library and Information Studies or Archives and Records Management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the library/archive profession
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline or industry related professional qualification;
- Broad knowledge of Irish traditional song, instrumental music and dance;
- Competence in Irish;
- Competence in music literacy;
- Excellent IT skills and experience in using databases or working in a digital environment;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues;
- Ability to work to deadlines
Interested applicants should send a CV and covering letter by post or email to:
Róisín Ní Bhriain,
Irish Traditional Music Archive
73 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
roisin.nibhriain [at] itma.ie
Deadline for applications: 5 pm Tuesday 17 July 2018
Shortlisting of candidates will apply.
The Irish Traditional Music Archive is an equal opportunities employer.
Published on 28 June 2018