The Irish Guitar Quartet
The Irish Guitar Quartet perform in an Táin Arts Centre, Dundalk, Saturday 10 February at 8.00pm.
The Irish Guitar Quartet is drawn from some of Ireland’s most talented and versatile classical guitarists and is sure to be recognized as one of Ireland’s premier instrumental ensembles.
IGQ members Jerry Creedon, David Keating, Caoilfhionn Ní Choileain and Aengus Kirakowski have garnered acclaim as soloists on concert stages around the world, with each member contributing their individual strengths toward creating an exciting, dynamic and engaging ensemble.
The Programme including Latin, Folk and American Classics transports listeners around the world in a single concert experience.
1. Lotus Eaters (1990) Andrew York (b. 1958)
2. Spin (1998) Andrew York
3. Organ Fugue in G minor BWV 578 – ‘little Fugue’ J.S. Bach (1685 - 1750)
2. Stairs (1998) David Pritchard (b. 1949)
4. Quiccan (1993) Andrew York (b. 1958)
5. Cuban Landscape with Rain Leo Brouwer (b. 1939)
6. Grises y Soles Maximo Diego Pujol (b. 1957)
1. Carmen Suite arr. William Kanengiser Georges Bizet (1838-1875)
Argonaise - Habanera - Seguidilla – Toreadors - Entr’acte – Gypsy Dance
2. Bluezilian Clarice Assad (b. 1978)
3. Sarajevo Nights Almer imamovic
4. Pachelbel’s “Loose Canon” Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706)
arranged by the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet
Published on 30 January 2018