Controller of BBC Pop Music
The Controller of Pop Music is a new role in the BBC and will provide inspired creative leadership and strategic vision across the BBC Radio pop music portfolio, (Radio 1, Radio 1Xtra, Radio 2, Radio 6 Music, Asian Network), BBC Music and music TV commissioning. You will be responsible for commissioning distinctive, innovative content in new and different ways across platforms and networks to serve the particular needs and interests of our audience and you will help us grow BBC Sounds, the BBC’s platform for all audio content.
– You will work collaboratively with commissioners in Radio, BBC Music and BBC Sounds, to ensure BBC pop music content meets the needs of all audiences.
– You will define and implement the commissioning, audience and marketing strategy for the pop music portfolio and you’ll provide creative and editorial leadership to in-house and independent production communities and nurture original and diverse talent from amongst Artists, Performers, Creative Musicians and Contributors.
Are you the right candidate?
– A proven senior leader with an inclusive leadership style, you’ll bring extensive knowledge of pop music, the music industry and the BBC radio pop portfolio.
– Outstanding thought leadership, creativity, innovation and an ability to set a clear and compelling purpose and direction for the future of pop music are essential.
– You will have an in-depth understanding of the sector, external competitive landscape and current market trends, and you’ll be collaborative and able to nurture creativity within your wider team.
– You will have outstanding leadership skills, and will bring experience of managing and influencing diverse senior stakeholders and delivering change. A confident and inspiring communicator, you’ll be able to bring people with you.
See link below for further details.
Published on 1 May 2019