Executive Producer – Weekly Music Podcast
Spotify Studios is looking for an Executive Producer for a new weekly music podcast, based in Los Angeles and reporting to the Head of Music Originals. In this role the Executive Producer will oversee the launch, ongoing production, and growth of this important new program.
What you’ll do:
– In partnership with the Head of Music Originals and Head of Creative Development, will develop and execute upon a content strategy to grow the podcast into a leading program on the Spotify platform.
– Manage a small team of staff producers and freelance personnel.
– Partner with internal teams including music editorial, marketing, operations, revenue and licensing on the development, launch, production, monetization and evolution of the show.
– Provide ongoing creative direction to internal teams, external production companies, and other key stakeholders.
– Manage high-priority relationships with key talent and their representatives.
– Contribute and implement fresh ideas to keep content exciting and innovative, including the development of themes, formats and concepts for upcoming episodes.
– Manage an operating budget and be accountable for the performance of your investments.
– Develop innovative cross-channel touch-points for your program (for example, derivative video series, etc).
– Ensure creative quality of all programming.
– Drive team performance through a combination of authority and influence.
Who you are:
– At least 7-10 years related work experience, including experience successfully managing creative teams.
– Hands-on audio and video production experience, bonus points for previous work on a weekly or daily audio news program.
– Demonstrated familiarity with this generation of digital media.
– Ability to maintain a high attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
– Low ego, solution-oriented person adept at managing multiple stakeholders and personalities, including celebrity talent.
– Familiarity with current music artists, news and trends.
– Familiarity with the music business and the fundamentals of music licensing.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and ease with people from different cultural and educational backgrounds.
See link below for further details.
Published on 1 July 2019