Editor – UK & Ireland
We are looking for a broadly experienced Editor / Content Manager to join Spotify’s Music Culture & Editorial (MC&E) team in London. You will curate for first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments and genres, demonstrate a performance-oriented analytic approach, and will have your ear to the ground in music communities for the latest sounds and trends with a deep focus on the UK and Ireland.
This role sits in the Music Culture & Editorial team which is a key part of the Music organisation. Music Culture & Editorial work closely with the other teams in the music org; Artist & Label Marketing, Urban, Artist Marketing and Artist Industry & Partnerships.
What you’ll do:
– Identify and substantiate playlist hypothesis for UK and Ireland
– Curate and maintain playlists in a variety of genres for a variety of audiences, moods and moments
– Understand and gain insight of consumer behaviours by analyzing data and analytics
– Listen to music from a wide range of genres and identify appropriate programming opportunities
– Collaborate with a global editorial team on a variety of projects and programming initiatives
– Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to fulfill company strategic goals and cross-functional projects
– Provide a strong, unbiased editorial voice to create a first-class user experience
Who you are:
– At least 5 years of experience in the music industry, programming music for TV, radio or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators and music in today’s music landscapes have been an integral part of your job and missions
– You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on UK and Ireland
– You’re able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan
– You are numerate and adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals
– You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English
– You have a deep understanding of music from across all genres and styles and a keen sense of what makes music appropriate for different situations and an ability to identify great songs to fi
See link below for further details.
N.B No deadline specified.