Music Department Administrator
Malvern College seeks a Music Department Administrator to provide administrative support to the Director of Music and the Music Department, and others as required. As a member of the College’s Support Staff, the Administrator is ultimately accountable to the Bursar for the proper performance of their duties.
Music Department duties and responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
• Providing administrative support to the Director of Music, Head of Academic Music, Assistant Director of Music, Head of Music Technology and the wider Music Department
• Attendance at all musical functions
• Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Speech and Drama department. Administration relating to individual Speech & Drama lessons, Use of Music School Manager to prepare timetables on a weekly basis. Distribution to pupils, VMTs and Houses. Display on Teams. Advising academic staff through daily registration notes on iSAMS
• Dealing with enquiries from VMTs, staff, parents, general public
• Preparing and distributing programmes, service sheets, termly Music Diary etc.
• Arranging outside visits and recitals including transport, risk assessments and catering.
• Liaising with Marketing - Website regarding events
• Collation, proof-reading and data entry relating to reports from VMTs and Speech & Drama staff.
• Ensuring that the department follows GDPR regulations including shredding of all confidential material
• Oversight and updating of the departmental Social Media account
• Organisation and supervising of termly ‘unplugged’ concerts
• General secretarial duties as required, including the preparation of letters to parents
• Supporting the Headmaster’s PA and other members of the Secretarial team as required
See link below for further details.