- To sit as Sub-Principal (2nd) Bassoon, stepping up to Principal Bassoon as required.
- To demonstrate excellent solo and orchestral playing abilities, maintaining the highest musical standards.
- To support the Section Principal in all areas, helping to foster a supportive professional working environment.
- To develop positive working relationships with conductors, freelancers and all members of the orchestra.
- To play a key role in the life of the BBC Philharmonic – to be a passionate team player with a commitment to maintain and enhance the reputation of the orchestra.
Are you the right candidate?
Applicants should aim to meet a majority of the following criteria:
- Outstanding professional orchestral and solo playing abilities.
- Knowledge, passion and appreciation of the range of repertoire performed by the BBC Philharmonic.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to contribute and participate as part of a diverse team and to support colleagues, conductors and freelancers.