Pitchfork is hiring an Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Editor of Pitchfork and providing invoicing support for the editorial staff. Our ideal candidate is organized, efficient, deadline-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize accordingly. We work in a fast-paced, digital media environment, which often means that tasks come up at any time and require flexibility and follow-through. This role will occasionally also assist other senior editors with multimedia assignments or special projects, and will be given the opportunity to contribute writing to the site.
– Providing administrative support to the Editor of Pitchfork
– Calendar management including coordinating and supporting the Editor’s schedule
– Processing and managing invoices and freelancer contracts
– Coordinating staff meetings as necessary
– Booking travel and managing administrative expenses
– Partnering with HR and Managing Editor to onboard new employees and freelancers
– Providing additional administrative and scheduling support to Pitchfork teams
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
– Strong communications skills, professionalism, confidentiality, and good judgement when interacting with internal teams and members of the public
– Comfortable using spreadsheets and organization tools.
– Quick problem-solving skills
– Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to anticipate recurring needs and follow-through
– Comfortable quickly adapting to changes in software, technology, and processes
– Familiarity with editorial processes and with the publication
– Deep love of music and an interest in journalism
See link below for further details.
NB: no deadline specified.