Head of Major Gifts
The Head of Major Gifts is responsible for securing significant income from major individual donors and for developing models which enable the RSNO to embed sustainable philanthropy into the core of the organisation. The Major Donors and Patrons programme are currently the cornerstones of our individual fundraising programme and the post holder plans and delivers all aspects of the major gifts programme. A priority for the post holder is ensuring that major donors are networked with key individuals across the organisation including the Chair, Chief Executive, Music Director, Director of External Relations and Head of Development.
1. Work with the Chief Executive and colleagues in External Relations to create a strategy to develop philanthropic giving which embraces top-level donors, with specific actions, targets and timescales.
2. Lead and negotiate major gifts in support of the RSNO’s strategy and key priorities and activities and meet overall fundraising targets.
3. Devise and deliver a comprehensive cultivation programme for new donors and a full stewardship programme for existing donors.
4. Implement a programme of prospect meetings and cultivation events with monthly targets. Involve Board members, the Chief Executive and Senior Managers as appropriate. It is expected that the post holder will spend a significant proportion of their time out of the office.
5. Be responsible for managing the individual donor prospect pipeline, including creating a proactive major gifts research programme to identify new donors and proactively develop relationships from cultivation through to ask and stewardship.
6. Develop the prospect tracking system on Raiser’s Edge, with support from the Information Services Manager, including ensuring accurate and up to date profiles on prospective supporters are maintained.
7. Ensure comprehensive stewardship programmes are in place to thank and keep in touch with donors.
8. Contribute to the process to deliver a Case for Support for philanthropy ensuring it has appeal for major donors and underpins the communication plans for the individual giving programme. Work with individuals within the RSNO team to develop bespoke packages for specific major gifts.
9. Oversee the membership schemes for higher-level donors by managing an effective stewardship programme, planning events and implementing a communications programme (e.g. producing recruitment and renewal materials).
10. Work with the Chief Executive, Chair, other senior staff and volunteers to build a comprehensive group that interacts with major donors and meets potential new supporters. This will include ensuring the team is fully briefed for meetings and events; involved in asking for gifts; and debriefed following meetings with current and prospective donors.
11. Manage all major donor events.
12. Play a full role in the department with a flexible approach to meet the varying demands of a small team. Collaborate with other members of the team to achieve their targets.
13. Contribute to the management of the philanthropic programme. This includes providing regular management reports; assessing success against targets and return on investment; and engaging with budget discussions and target setting in addition to creating action lists from a quarterly meeting with the Chief Executive, Director of External Relations and Head of Development.
14. Undertake concert duties as required.
15. Undertake other relevant activities as required
See link below for further details.
Published on 5 June 2019