Music & Casting Administrative Assistant
English National Opera is hiring a Music & Casting Administrative Assistant.
This role is for a qualified person and will report to the Head of Casting.
Your duties will Include:
– Administratively line manage all of the members of the ENO Music Staff in collaboration with the Head of Music, ensuring that all members are managed fairly and reasonably in line with the ENO/MU Agreements, policies, procedures and best practice.
– Assist the Casting and Harewood Manager with the administration of the Harewood Artist programme and setting up working sessions and events.
– To regularly update the ENO Planning software with all room bookings, production details and personnel/contact information and casting information.
– To undertake Management Presence duty for occasional performance in line with the ENO Artist and Music duty roster. To be responsible, together with stage management, for checking that all the principals, conductor and any main role choristers are present in the theatre at the half (thirty-five minutes before curtain-up).
– Liaise with the Artist and Programmes Manager when on Management Presence help coordinator any cast changes.
The ideal candidate is:
– Someone excited about the prospect of working at an innovative opera company, with accessibility at the heart of everything we do
– An outstanding fundraiser, with at least three years of experience and a track record of securing major grants at £50,000 and above
– Someone who understands the transformative outcomes of the performing arts
– Someone able to build positive relationships with staff and trustees at grant -making charities
– A dynamic individual with the ability to work independently, and yet collaboratively within the Development Department
– Someone able to work with a wide variety of visiting directors, conductors, designers and musicians as well as internal ENO staff
– A supportive colleague, willing to share their skills, experience and knowledge with other fundraisers in the Department
– Committed to their own professional development, and willing to develop their knowledge, skills and experience
– Someone with experience of using fundraising databases
– An excellent communicator, able to present complex budgets in a simple manner appropriate to different stakeholder audiences
See link below for further details.