Part-time Music Outreach roles
Fingal Academy of Music (FAM) is a regional music school bringing fun and interactive music education to hundreds of students every week. FAM offers a complementary music workshop to every school in Fingal and currently delivers weekly classes in violin and fiddle, guitar, ukulele, singing, and percussion to several schools across Fingal. This term, students as far apart as Blanchardstown, Balbriggan and Swords are benefitting from FAM's Music Outreach programme.
Next term, the Outreach team at Fingal Academy of Music is growing. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Group Violin teacher (classroom)
- Group Ukulele and Singing teacher (classroom)
- Group Violin and Singing teacher (classroom)
- Group Singing teacher (classroom and after-school)
- Group Ukulele teacher (classroom and after-school)
- Group Guitar teacher (classroom and after-school)
- Easter Camp 2020 leader (Mon-Fri, 9am-2:30pm) - Balbriggan, Swords, Maynooth
- Summer Camp 2020 leader (Mon-Fri, 9am-2:30pm) - Balbriggan, Swords, Maynooth
- Halloween Camp 2020 leader (Mon-Fri, 9am-2:30pm) - Balbriggan, Swords, Maynooth
- One-to-one tutor in Singing and Piano
- One-to-one tutor in Piano
- Choral conductor (Fingal Choral Programme & Workplace Singing Programme)
- Assistant choral conductor (Fingal Choral Programme & Workplace Singing Programme)
- Group Musicianship teacher (Fingal Choral Programme)
These positions are part-time. Some involve at least one full school day's work per week, while others involve ad hoc afternoon/evening hours or depping roles. All candidates should be flexible as other roles and opportunities will most certainly arise within FAM throughout the year.
The interview process involves delivery of a 10-minute music workshop (in the relevant discipline) for members of the FAM Outreach team. This experience allows FAM to understand the candidate's teaching style and approach directly. This will be followed by a conversation about teaching experience, pedagogical approach, and the FAM Outreach programme.
To apply, please contact FAM as soon as possible with the following:
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Cover Letter, detailing the reasons you wish to work with FAM
3. Availability for interview. We are recruiting on a rolling basis, so there is no deadline. Interviews are arranged on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact us ASAP.
Please direct your CV and cover letter to FAM Director of Outreach & Development, Dónal Kearney at [email protected].
Thank you for your time.