Folk Songwriting: A How To
Folk Songwriting is an exclusive online programme that will explore the significance of folk music and help you to create your own song.
The programme will feature sessions with leading musicians from across the island as they delve into the importance of folk songs and music in society.
How will the programme work?
– Ruth Smith, presenter of RTÉ Radio One’s Simply Folk Show and multi-instrumentalist with The Evertides, will discuss the country’s vibrant folk scene
– Take part in music creation workshops with Rioghnach Connolly (The Breath, Afro Celt Sound System and Honeyfeet)
– Co-write your own song and have it showcased as part of an online performance on International Women’s Day, 8th March
– Sessions will be delivered on Zoom and Slack with the opportunity to share songs and continue to conversation
– This programme is open to musicians and non-musicians alike
This programme will take place on:
– Tuesday 23rd February, 11am - 1pm
– Thursday 25th February, 11am - 1pm
– Monday 1st March, 11am - 12.30pm
– Wednesday 3rd March, 11am - 12.30pm
– Monday 8th March , 11am - 12pm
This programme is free and open to anyone based in Northern Ireland or border counties only. Previous Making the Future participants are not eligible to take part. Numbers are limited. Sign up early to avoid disappointment.
For more details, or to discuss any disability access requirements, please contact Danielle Carragher: Danielle.Carragher [at] nmni.com