The Naples Philharmonic in Florida, USA, seeks a Chorus Director.
Responsible for the supervision and preparation of the Naples Philharmonic Chorus for all concerts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
• Recruit, audition, and prepare ensembles of singers committed to a high standard of excellence.
• Musically prepare the Naples Philharmonic Chorus to suit performance requirements.
• Conduct and direct all Naples Philharmonic rehearsals to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, dynamics, rhythm, tempo and diction, utilizing knowledge and ability of choral conducting techniques as well as vocal pedagogy and healthy singing techniques.
• As needed conduct Naples Philharmonic Chorus performances.
• Advise and collaborate with the Chorus Accompanist and any volunteers.
• Keep informed of trends and general activities of other choruses through relevant organizations and publications.
• Advise the Executive Vice President, Artistic Operations on chorus programming and repertoire selections.
• Collaborate with the Director of Education and Community Partnerships for administrative details such as season schedule of rehearsals and events at Artis—Naples and in the community.
• Collaborate with the Artistic Operations team for technical preparation for concerts and events.
• Collaborate with additional Artis—Naples team members for additional events when the chorus (or portion of the chorus) will perform.
• Observe safety requirements. Report safety issues and items requiring work orders to Supervisor or Security.
• Work effectively with all Artis—Naples team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
See link below for further details.
NB: no deadline specified.