Principal Horn No 3
The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra is hiring a Principal Horn No 3.
– To sit as Principal Horn no 3, stepping up and doubling as required.
– To maintain the high standard of professional playing and musical and artistic excellence required by the Orchestra.
– To familiarise oneself with the relevant parts, including solos, in advance of the first rehearsal and performances.
– To support professionally any Leaders and Conductors engaged by the Orchestra.
– To take responsibility for the style, intonation, balance, ensemble, rhythm and preparation of the section in conjunction with Leaders and the Chief Conductor.
– and more
Are you the right candidate?
– Excellent professional orchestral and solo Horn playing abilities.
– Knowledge of the range of repertoire of the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra.
– Ability to both lead and work collaboratively to inspire and contribute to performances that meet the highest musical standards by providing artistic direction and by motivating members of the section.
– Effective people and performance management skills, including the ability to give constructive feedback, deal with sensitive issues and to make difficult decisions.
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop harmonious working relationships with a diverse range of people
– Demonstrates commitment to maintain the reputation of the Orchestra.
See link below for further details.