Artistic Programme Consultant
Galway Dance Project (GDP) is seeking a dynamic Artistic Programme Consultant (part-time contract role) as the organisation enters into a new and exciting phase of development. In 2020, GDP is preparing for its busiest year yet. It will deliver a dance project as part of Galway’s European Capital of Culture programme and will run its regular year-round programme of events.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of GDP’s artistic strategy and vision, with special responsibility for the programme. Working together with the General Manager, and with the Board of Directors, the Artistic Programme Consultant will strategically curate an exciting programme of workshops and classes for Galway Dance Project in 2020 through to 2021.
Working together with the General Manager, the key strands of the role are to devise, plan and implement Galway Dance Project’s professional development programme.
This will include:
– To programme an agreed number of workshops & classes, and to agree a timeline for same across a 16-month period from approximately September 2020 – December 2021
– To identify opportunities to develop Galway Dance Project’s professional development programme in line with the ethos and objectives of the organisation
– To engage with the Galway dance community and to actively seek out new opportunities and collaborations for Galway Dance Project that will enhancefurther engagement with artists and audiences in the region
– To identify individual artists and guest teachers who can deliver classes, workshops and professional development opportunities in Galway city and county, and in the surrounding regions
– To liaise with the general manager on contracts for guest teachers, to work within an agreed budget and within the context of the resources available.
Desired skills and competencies
GDP is seeking an individual who would like to contribute positively to the development of professional dance practice in the region. In particular, experience in contemporary dance would be an advantage.
The skills required for this role include:
– Experienced dance artist / practitioner, who is highly engaged with professional dance practice, and practitioners, in Ireland and beyond
– Ability to manage budgets
– Strong organisational skills
– An ability to work on your own initiative
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– A knowledge of the Galway dance, arts and cultural landscape is an advantage
See link below for further details.