Managing Editor – Music & Entertainment
Communicorp Media is recruiting a talented and passionate Managing Editor for its Music & Entertainment brands, to drive on-air programming strategy and lead a team of content creators. In this exciting and fast paced role, the successful candidate will coach and develop teams of music and content producers to increase audiences across FM and digital platforms.
What you’ll do:
– Be the lead programmer on Today FM, 98FM and the Spin brands, to increase our FM and digital audiences.
– Implement a strategy to grow audience reach and time spent listening on FM and across digital platforms.
– Provide creative input, stimulate ideas, and offer creative direction for content plans across all platforms to ensure each music station is seen as a radio, audio, video and social brand
– Lead our programming decisions and curate station outputs across our music and entertainment brands, to maximise portfolio growth.
– Be prepared to schedule and produce key programming segments and music rollouts.
– Coach, develop and support our M&E programming management team
– Coach, develop and provide feedback to key presenting staff, alongside Programme Directors.
– Develop a strong pipeline of future talent for all stations.
– Identify career development and succession plans across all programming teams with a specific focus toward on-air talent development.
– Identify and grow cross-promotional opportunities that exist between the portfolio ensuring maximum impact and brand exposure.
– Ensure the music propositions of Today FM, 98FM and Spin are complimentary to one another whilst remaining in-line with individual brand guidelines.
– You have several years proven experience in a radio programming role within a competitive FM radio market.
– You possess a strong broadcasting background with demonstrable ability to schedule, programme and grow audiences on FM and digital platforms.
– You have a detailed understanding of music and a genuine interest in a variety musical genres
– You are passionate about the evolution of music, radio and audio consumption.
– You have in-depth experience in building, managing, coaching, and developing a creative team.
– You have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
NB: no deadline specified.
See link below for further details.