The Abbey Theatre are seeking a candidate for the position of General Manager, a new role at the theatre. They are
looking for a leader to establish and inspire an integrated team which will bring together the Box Office, Front of House and Operations functions to deliver an excellent customer experience.
A key role in the organisation, the General Manager will underpin the operational running of the Company. The General Manager is responsible to the Director of Finance and Operations for the overall administration and internal operation of the organisation and will support the work of the joint CEO’s.
General Management Responsibilities
– To ensure the overall customer/visitor experience is consistent and is of the highest standards at all times.
– To ensure the physical appearance of the building/theatre is of the highest possible standards.
– Working with the Peacock Café franchisee to ensure the delivery of high quality service and performance.
– To adhere to and implement the guidelines, procedures and policies of the Abbey Theatre, as detailed in the staff policies (available from the staff intranet).
– To work across departments to develop a positive and engaged organisational culture.
– To ensure compliance with rules and legislation pertaining to Health & Safety at work and abide by the procedures set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
– To manage the annual expenditure budget for FOH operations and ensure that it is adhered to, in consultation with the Finance Controller and the director of Finance and Operations.
– To undertake any other duties as reasonably required by the Director of Finance & Operation.
See link below for further details.
Published on 20 May 2019