Create and Sing – Music Practitioner
Project based opportunity
As the home of The Royal Ballet and The Royal Opera, at the Royal Opera House we want many more people to enjoy and engage in exceptional ballet and opera. Create and Sing, our national schools` singing and drama programme, supports young people`s creative learning and gives voice to their creativity by engaging them in making opera in the classroom.
We are now seeking experienced Music Practitioners to join the Create and Sing programme to train teachers from across the country participating in the programme in how to explore and make opera with young people, developing new opera learning resources and supporting a range of other Create and Sing projects and events.
We would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience in leading opera or other singing-based music and drama projects with children and young people of mixed abilities.
- Experience in training others in your specialism (this need not be teacher training but could include similar experience gained in another field).
- Excellent general musicianship and a strong understanding of best practices in nurturing young voices.
- Excellent workshop leadership and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of inclusive performing arts practices.
This project will commence in September 2021. This is a part time project-based opportunity with a combination of virtual and in person delivery, and some weekend work. Travel to Covent Garden, and other locations will be necessary.
The practitioners will be paid an agreed sessional fee on a PAYE basis through payroll.
All of our staff are expected to uphold the Royal Opera House values: respect, openness and valuing the highest standards.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under-represented in our workforce, in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description can be found below.
To apply for this role please send your C.V. to createandsing [at] roh.org.uk
Closing date for applications: 5pm 13th September 2021
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION